It seems that January has already come and gone. I’m totally cool with that, as long as it takes those sub-zero temps with it. Let’s recap what I shared this month…with updates, of course!
At the beginning of the month, I talked about my resolutions (even though I think they are a bit cheesy). Below are my five resolutions, and updates concerning each. I have to held accountable for these!
1. Live a more healthy life. I’ve been making small changes, like eating at least one type of fruit and one type of vegetable every day. I know that sounds ridiculous, but there have been days (many more than I’d like to admit) that I didn’t eat ANY fruits OR veggies. We also joined a gym. I haven’t gone consistently, but I have gone a few times since we joined, and I started a 30 day challenge called “Guns, Buns, and Abs”. It’s not too difficult, but I think it will get harder towards the end: the last day consists of 250 squats, 40 pushups, and 100 leg lifts. I can do it!
2. Write at least 200 posts this year. I’ve been slacking on this one for sure. I only wrote 7 posts during the month of January. If I continue that trend, I’ll only have written 84 posts during the course of the year. That’s less than half of my goal, so I guess I’d better step it up!
3. Increase productivity at work. I am totally winning at this resolution! I got enough data together to submit an abstract for an upcoming conference, and things are shaping up to make a really interesting story. I can smell the publication.
4. Save money. As of today, we officially have $100 in our savings account. Again, this might not seem like much to most people, but we are notoriously terrible at saving money. Woohoo! 🙂
5. Pay down debt. This will be an ongoing goal for a VERY long time, and sadly we had to add another debt to the list. It seems as though I filled out my W4 incorrectly, which means I didn’t pay enough tax to the federal government. Unfortunately, this means we owe money this year (like a LOT), and we’re going to have to set up a payment plan to take care of it. I’ve changed my withholding information with my employer, and now my paychecks will be smaller (which I feel compounds the problem). Total bummer, but there’s nothing I can do about it except try to tighten the belts around our wallets just a little bit more. C’est la vie.
Geez, I guess I better brighten things up a bit!
January was also a month of knitting. I shared some of my knitting patterns, and also gave you a sneak peak of a sweater I started working on (of my own design). I’ve finished a good chunk of that sweater, only the sleeves are left! I’ll make sure to post another progress pic soon. I started working on a new pattern today, too!
Next, I showed you an antique mirror I scored for only $15 at Antiques on Second. I still love it.
It’s been quite a start to 2014, and I can’t wait to show you more!
Remember to follow me to see all my latest posts, and don’t forget to share me with your friends!