It’s been almost two weeks since the fabulous Bre over at Average But Inspired nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I’m finally making time to write this post and graciously accept it! The Liebster Award is given out by bloggers to other bloggers, the main goal being recognition of new/up-and-coming blogs and a warm, fuzzy welcome to blogland. I really appreciate the nomination from Bre; she’s a sweet gal with awesome projects, you should go check her out!
1. Acknowledge the person who nominated you.
Thanks, Bre! You rock, and I really enjoy reading your blog. 🙂
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
I am right-handed, but I can only do left-handed cartwheels.
Between the ages of 3 and 5, I would make up songs and record them on a tape player. They were utter nonsense, but my mom loved them. (I still write songs, but I assure you the lyrics are much more developed.)
I am a huge Harry Potter/Hobbit/Lord of the Rings fan.
I hate the premise of the Twilight series and will never read them or watch the movies. Barf.
I am the oldest of 19 grandchildren (on my dad’s side). Yep, we’re a big ol’ Italian family.
My favorite actor is Joseph Gordon Levitt.
My favorite actress is Jennifer Lawrence.
My favorite band is the Foo Fighters. I love Dave Grohl!
I am currently working on a science fiction novel. It will be EPIC.
I would love to learn how to surf, but I’m deathly afraid of deep water because I’m not a good swimmer.
I was born and raised in New Jersey. It was an awesome place to grow up, and I’m sad that people now tend to associate it first with “Jersey Shore”. Ughhhhhh.
3. Answer 11 question given to you by the nominator.
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
I wanted something that was pretty general since I dabble in just about everything. “The Craft Queen” pretty much sums that up!
2. What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written (share a link, too)?
Hmmm, I would have to say the “Before and After” post for some antique dining chairs I got from a little old lady for just $20. You can see it here.
3. If you could eat one “unhealthy” food without suffering any negative consequences, what would it be?
OMG, definitely mac and cheese (the homemade kind, not the blue box). It’s my favorite. I already eat it at least once a week, but I usually don’t feel guilty about it! I live on the edge, people.
4. What’s your favorite color?
Right now, I’m obsessed with gray.
5. Will you be shopping on Black Friday, and if so, are you looking for anything in particular?
Most likely no. I’ll probably scope out some deals online, though.
6. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
I’m drawing a blank picking out a specific one, but I just remember how awesome it was to be a kid and have little to no responsibility. My brother and I played outside all summer long, whether it be careening down a slip-n-slide or catching fireflies in a jar.
7. Do you have a vacation planned anytime soon, and if so, where to?
My husband and I are planning a trip out to Los Angeles sometime next year.
8. What’s your favorite way to be creative?
I love a good transformation. If it started out ugly and I turned it into something awesome, there’s no better feeling.
9. Should thank you notes be sent via snail mail, or is email okay?
I think it depends on why you’re thanking the person. If it’s for a bridal shower/wedding/baby shower gift, I say snail mail. Anything else, email is just fine (as long as it isn’t a generic email sent out to a bunch of people at once).
10. Target or Wal-Mart?
Target. I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague.
11. Do you promote your blog, and if so, how?
Lately, I’ve just been posting to Pinterest. I guess I need to step up my game!
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
In no particular order, here they are!
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
1. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive) who would it be, and why?
2. If you could pick anyone to switch closets with, who would you pick?
3. What do you do to relax after a long, hectic day?
4. If you could pick a different name for yourself, what would it be?
5. What one destination is a must on your list of travel plans?
6. If you could work in any field (money and degrees required don’t matter), what would be your profession of choice?
7. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
8. Can you speak more than one language? If so, which ones?
9. Righty or lefty?
10. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
11. Coffee or tea?
6. Notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.
Will do, as soon as this post is up!
Thanks again for the nomination, Bre! And a big thank you also goes out to everyone who takes the time to read about my crafting antics…I love yas all.
Remember to follow me to see all my latest posts, and don’t forget to share me with your friends!