So sorry that I haven’t written anything in a few weeks…it’s been CRAZY around here! However, I finally finished our bed!!! I’m working on writing up a lengthy post on that; I really want to do it justice!
In the meantime, I’m happy to announce that I was nominated for my very first blog award: the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! It’s humbling to think that the posts I write and the projects I share inspired someone enough that they thought to nominate me for an award. Thanks so much, Turquoise Compass!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
The rules of accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website.
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4. Drop them a comment to let them know you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Seven interesting things about me:
1. I have a PhD in Pharmacology and Toxicology and I currently work in a fabulous research lab at a blood center.
2. My dad was born on the island of Sicily, so that makes me 50% Italian (or Sicilian? whichever you prefer). The other half is a mix of Irish, German, and Welsh.
3. I play sing, play guitar, and write my own music. Examples can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/gabriellaalyssa
4. I’m the oldest of three children and the only girl.
5. I’ve been an adjunct professor (i.e. part-time, contract) at a small university for almost 3 years. I’ve taught Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, and Analytical Chemistry. I love it!
6. I am a knitter and yarn addict. I have a large antique china cabinet FULL of yarn. I love the soft, squishy stuff.
7. I’ve only been to one country outside the US: Canada. I have big travel plans, though!
The 15 inspiring blogs I have nominated:
(In no particular order)
2. My Hands Made It
4. Timber and Grit
6. At the Corner of Happy and Harried
7. Average But Inspired
8. This Sarah Loves
9. Mickey Math
10. Home For Now
11. Love Library
13. Ray’s Sew Crafty
14. Sneakers and Fingerpaints
15. Brick City Love
I wish I could pick more, but there ya go!
Thanks for reading my blog. I love all o’ yas.
Remember to follow me to see all my latest posts, and don’t forget to share me with your friends!